Hi there! Looks like we made it half way through the week. Heck yeah! Wanna celebrate with a Strawberry + Chocolate Pudding Ice Pop? Yep, I know you do. It’s like the pudding pops we had as kids, but way better.
And prettier. And much less messy in a push-up pop.
Pudding made from scratch is ridiculously easy. And chances are you have all the ingredients in your kitchen already. Mmmm…homemade chocolate pudding.
I won’t tell if you use a pudding mix though. Shhh. Our little secret.
Thinly sliced fresh strawberries slid down the side of the push pops make them extra appetizing.
I used an empty popsicle mold to hold the push pops upright while preparing and while freezing.
Layer the chocolate pudding and the blended strawberries.
Stick those puppies in the freezer!
- Chocolate Pudding
- 1 + ½ cup 2% milk
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- splash of vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix ½ cup of milk with the dry ingredients. Bring the additional 1 cup milk to a boil. Once boiling turn down the heat to medium low and add the milk+dry ingredients. Whisk continuously until it starts to thicken. This took about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add butter and vanilla and mix thoroughly.
- Use a tablespoon to put the pudding about ⅓ of the way in to the push-up pop, let cool.
- Strawberry Mixture
- 2 cups organic frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 fresh strawberries, thinly sliced
- Blend together frozen strawberries, simple syrup and vanilla until frothy.
- Place fresh strawberry slices along side of push-up pop container. Pour blended strawberry mixture in the middle of push-up pop, making sure fresh strawberries stay in place. Layer more pudding if desired.
- Freeze 6-8 hours or overnight.
Eat before it melts!