Garlicky Butternut Squash Chips
Recipe type: vegetarian, paleo, vegan, good for you
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1½ teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ teaspoons avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- sea salt to taste
- Heat oven to 375 F.
- Halve the butternut squash and scoop out the seeds of both halves.
- Very carefully cut off skin of squash.
- Slice the squash very thinly for the chip. ⅛th of an inch or less.
- Finely mince the garlic cloves until they are itty bitty.
- Place the sliced squash in boiling water for 2 minutes to blanch. Remove promptly and place on towel to throughly dry.
- Once dry, place in bowl and toss with the other ingredients sans the sea salt.
- Spread out the squash chips evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Place in oven, flipping over the chips at the 10 minute mark.
- Continue checking on and flipping the chips until they appear crunchy and browned at the edges.
- Let cool and sprinkle with sea salt as desired.
- Serve promptly and devour.