Recipe type: Appetizer
Serves: 28 meatballs
- For the meatball
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg (room temperature)
- ¾ cup water (room temperature)
- ¾ cup parmesan (grated)
- ½ cup almond meal, seasoned with italian seasoning
- For the sauce
- 1 29oz can of tomato sauce
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 clove of garlic minced
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat your oven to 375F.
- Place your meat into a mixing bowl, then layer the garlic, salt and pepper, egg and water on top. Then sprinkle the cheese and the almond meal.
- Using your fingertips, gently combine all the ingredients. The less you handle the meat the better.
- Roll your meatballs into football shapes and place on a cookie sheet that is either lightly greased or on parchment paper.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the top of the meatballs begin to brown.
- While the meat is baking, combine the tomato sauce, cheese, spices and garlic into a large sauce pan. Turn the stove top on low and let the sauce start to simmer. When the meatballs are finished baking, place them carefully into the sauce, coating the meatballs and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, place meatballs on a platter and decorate with the shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Serve immediately.
- Team Spirit Cake Push-up Pops (with Nebraska topper printables)
- DIY Custom Football Number Shirts
- Fried Pickles
- Football Subway Art Printable
- Stuffed Potato Footballs
- Football-themed Pizzas
- Game Day Chili Bar
- Crispy Bourbon Caesar Sausages
- DIY Football Field Table Cover