Make-Ahead Mashed Potatoes
Recipe type: Side Dish
Serves: 10 servings
Make this a day ahead and refrigerate overnight. Heat up in the oven or over a long period in a crock pot.
- 5 lb bag of Yukon gold potatoes
- 1 or 2 - 32 ounce boxes of chicken broth
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ¾ cups butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- onion salt to taste
- Rinse the potatoes and cut them in half. There's no need to peel them. Place in a large pot.
- Pour the chicken broth over the potatoes, ensured that they are covered enough to boil. If not, add water until there is enough for boiling.
- Boil potatoes until they are soft enough to easily break apart with a fork.
- In a large bowl, place butter and cream cheese.
- Add potatoes. They should easily mash with a fork.
- Add sour cream. Blend into the potatoes.
- Add onion salt to taste and blend thoroughly.
- Reserve some of the chicken broth to add to the potatoes if needed.
- Refrigerate overnight. Add more chicken broth, onion salt and butter upon reheating if necessary.
Loading InLinkz ...