It's Cinco de Mayo and we can't let it pass without having a margarita can we! Of course I believe that tacos and margaritas should be celebrated everyday, not just one day a year.Casamigos Blanco Tequila. And no, I don't just like it because it has George Clooney's signature on the bottle, but it does help. Of course any high-quality tequila blanco will do.
- 1.5 cups of fresh honeydew melon
- 5-6 fresh basil leaves
- 1.5 ounces tequila
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- sugar and/or salt for rimming glass
- basil for garnish.
- Blend together melon and basil leaves until liquified. Run through a strainer to get out any large pieces of basil or melon.
- In a cocktail shaker add ice, honeydew basil mixture, tequila, simple syrup and lime juice.
- Shake well.
- Pour over ice into rimmed glass.
A sprig of sugared basil leaves sprinkled with edible glitter makes for a gorgeous garnish!