THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON A LINK AND BUY SOMETHING I MAYRECEIVE A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE AT NO COST TO YOU.Freshly popped popcorn is one of my favorite snacks. I love it plain with a little bit of butter and a hint of salt. Or drizzled with a flavored olive oil and some freshly grated parmesan. Or with fresh herbs like my rosemary, garlic and parmesan popcorn. But I had never thought of adding pesto before. I had just happened to look in the fridge and see the last of a jar of prepared pesto. (Homemade pesto would be even better on it! Next time for sure!) So I tossed it in to my lightly buttered popcorn. I grated my parmesan and added a generous helping. I love fresh parmesan so much. I sprinkled a little freshly ground pepper and voila! It was such a decadent snack. Portion control went out the window.
Pesto and Parmesan Popcorn
Recipe type: Snack
- ⅓ cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons prepared pesto
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground pepper, as desired
- Pop popcorn whichever method you prefer. Add melted butter to popcorn and toss. Mix in prepared pesto. Sprinkle on parmesan, preferable while popcorn is still warm so the cheese melts a little. Add pepper to taste. Serve immediately.