Roasted Garlic and Rosemary Focaccia Bread
Recipe type: Bread
- 1 large bulb garlic
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 packet rapid rise yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (approx 120-130 degrees0
- 2 additional tablespoons olive oil
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary, chopped
- coarse sea salt to taste
- Roast garlic by cutting off the top ⅓ of the bulb, place on a piece of aluminum foil. Pour 2-3 tablespoons of quality olive oil on the garlic, making sure the oil gets in all the cloves. Wrap up the foil and bake in a 400 degree oven for 45 minutes to an hour. The garlic cloves should be easy to separate and squish and place roasted garlic in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and mash together. Let sit and let the flavors infuse.
- Blend together flour, salt, sugar and yeast in a large bowl. Add two tablespoons of olive oil to warm water and mix with dry ingredients with a spoon until well blended.
- Use oil to grease a 9x13 inch baking dish, and set dough in dish. Cover with a dishtowel and set in a warm location for 30 - 45 minutes until doubled in size.
- Once doubled in size, stretch dough to fill baking dish. Dip finger in olive oil and poke holes in dough, all the way to the bottom, approximately one inch apart. Spread on garlic and oil, filling the holes. Sprinkle chopped rosemary across surface of dough. Add a fine dusting of course sea salt to dough.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25- 30 minutes or until surface is golden brown.