I have no shame in indulging my sweet tooth during the holidays, and these Homemade Mocha Chocolate Truffles do just that! This post is part of the Handmade Holidays Food blog hop, so be sure to check out the other amazing posts and wonderful sponsors towards the end of this post. A special thank you to Buttons Galore and More for providing the cool Christmas buttons!Ah... chocolate truffles are some of my favorite things to eats. Well honestly, I love any chocolate truffle, but these mocha chocolate truffles just make life better, even if it's just for a brief moment. This post was supposed to go up last week to be a part of the Handmade Holidays Food Blog Hop, but my beloved computer crashed in the middle of writing it. It was stressful. Needless to say, I might have indulged in many of these truffles, you know, to soothe the pain. The best thing about these truffles is that they are ridiculously easy to make. The truffles themselves are made of three ingredients, chocolate, heavy cream and coffee. Yup, three of my favorite things.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON A LINK AND BUY SOMETHING I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE AT NO COST TO YOU.Supplies ~
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
- instant coffee
- heavy cream
- dutch processed cocoa powder
- double boiler
- small melon baller
- baking dish
- Disco Dust edible glitter
- Holiday sprinkles
- Clear Cello Bags
- Christmas Buttons
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee or microground coffee
- 1/4 cup dutch processed cocoa powder
- sprinkles or disco dust to decorate
- Place heavy cream, chocolate chips and coffee powder into a double boiler. Heat on medium until chocolate appears to be melting. Stir to blend together. Pour melted chocolate in to a baking dish an place in the refrigerator for 60 - 90 minutes until firm yet still scoopable.
- Using a small melon baller, if available, scoop into balls and roll into the dutch processed cocoa. If no melon baller is available, use a teaspoon, scoop a small amount up and roll into a ball with hands. Work quickly, because the chocolate melts fast. Roll in cocoa.
- Sprinkle truffles with Disco Dust or sprinkles to decorate. Keep in refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
A special thank you to all of the sponsors who collaborated on this Handmade Holidays Blog Hop!
- Clearsnap http://clearsnap.com
- Hydrangea Hippo etsy shop https://www.etsy.com/
- Hepp’s Salt Co. (food) https://heppssalt.com/
- The Twinery http://thetwinery.com/
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L https://www.scrapbook-
- Stencil1 http://stencil1.com
- Buttons Galore & More http://www.
- DecoArt, Inc. http://decoart.com
- Walnut Hollow http://walnuthollow.com
- Graphic 45 https://www.g45papers.com/
- Iron Orchid Designs http://ironorchiddesigns.com/