Oatmeal Honey Bread
- 1 1/3 cups warm water (approximately 120 degrees F)
- 2 teaspoons dry active yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons honey
- In a mixing bowl, or in the bowl of your stand mixer, combine warm water, yeast, sugar and oil. Let sit for 10 minutes while the yeast activates.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Knead dough for about 10 minutes or use the dough hook with the stand mixer for about 5 minutes.
- Cover dough with a towel and let rise for about 90 minutes.
- Once risen, punch down dough and knead for a 4 minutes.
- Grease a loaf pan (9x5) and form dough into loaf shape. Place in pan, cover with a towel and let rise for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Bake for 25-30 minutes until crust is golden brown.
- Let cool prior to slicing. Enjoy.