This grilled pineapple margarita is special because it is made with freshly grilled pineapple, which gives it a smokey and slightly caramelized flavor, which is enhanced by the addition of a small amount of vanilla. Blended with lime juice, a splash of orange liquour and your favorite tequila, this margarita is absolutely delicious.
Did you know that February 22 is National Margarita Day? There’s a “national day” for nearly everything, so why not margaritas? I mean, they are delicious and most of us only have them on special celebration days like Cinco De Mayo and Mardi Gras. Of course this holiday can’t be celebrated without festive decor.
A special thanks to Oriental Trading for providing us with these colorful margarita glasses and all the decorations for the celebration of margaritas!
I’m loving all things pineapple! So for the National Margarita Day celebration, we are really decorating the bar cart will all things bright and pineapple! How adorable are those pineapple cups? I’ve been sipping pretty much everything in those cups lately, even my morning protein shakes, because SO FUN! Additionally, we decorated with pineapple stir sticks, pineapple napkins and these gorgeous fabric palm leaves. I’m so in love with these palm leaves that I plan on making them into a table runner for the summer.
I’m not the best at using the grill, so I had the Mr. grill up some pineapple slices. Isn’t he sweet? Using a fresh pineapple, I cut off the top and the pokey rind, and sliced 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick slices, cutting out the core with a paring knife. He grilled them one medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side, until they had gorgeous grill marks and were softened. At that point I stuck them in the refrigerator to cool.
While the pineapple was cooling, I ran a slice of pineapple around the rim of the colorful plastic margarita glasses and lightly dipped them in sea salt, to get a sweet and salty taste around the rim of the glass.
In a blender put 3 slices of the cooled, grilled pineapple, tequilla, simple syrup, orange liquour, vanilla extract, lime juice and some water and blend. Once blended, pour through a strainer to remove the pineapple pulp. Serve the margarita over crushed ice in the salt rimmed margarita glass. Garnish with a piece of grilled pineapple.
I love myself a good margarita with my favorite tequila. Check out this honeydew basil margarita and this cucumber jalapeno margarita. You will love them!
- 3 3/4 inch slices of grilled fresh pineapple
- 2 ounces silver tequilla
- 1/2 ounce orange liquour (triple sec, Cointreau or Grand Marnier)
- 3 tablespoons of fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or agave
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup of water
- Grill rings of fresh 3/4 inch slices of pineapple over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side until pineapple appears softened and grill marks appear. Place in refrigerator to cool. Once cool, blend the pineapple together with all of the other ingredients, until juicy and smooth.
- After blending, pour though a mesh strainer to remove the pineapple pulp. Pour into a glass rimmed with salt and filled with crushed ice.
- Garnish with a small piece of grilled pineapple.