This spicy asparagus with bacon is a quick side dish that is full of flavor. It's a perfect accompaniment to a steak, especially for a keto diet.Yeah, I feel like I have been writing about asparagus a lot. It's good, really good. And it's good for you. I have been buying bunches and bunches of it and trying a lot of new recipes. This is one is a new favorite for me. It's a little spicy, which I love and it has the juicy bits of bacon, which is delicious. It's low in carbs and would make a perfect side dish to a steak! This asparagus dish tastes great after just being cooked or as an asparagus salad after being chilled in the fridge. So versatile! I like to cook the bacon ahead of time on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil in the oven at 400F for approximately. The foil really helps with cleaning up the mess and I don't have to keep too close of an eye on the bacon like I would if it was cooking on the stove. So do you want the quick and dirty of this delicious side dish? Really all you need is some olive oil, a clove of garlic, chili powder, asparagus and crispy bacon. In a large pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and soften the garlic. Add the chili powder. Sauté the asparagus, approximately 4 minutes, add in the crispy bacon for another minute. Done. Seriously, it's wrong that something this delicious is so stinking easy. If you are like me and can't seem to get enough asparagus, then you should try this ham and asparagus quiche and this quinoa asparagus salad.
Spicy Asparagus with Bacon
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a pan over medium heat. Add chili powder. Once garlic appears softened, add in the trimmed asparagus. Cook for approximately 4 minutes, until asparagus is tender, but not mushy. Stir in the bacon pieces. Serve heated or chill and serve cold!