Did you get enough of icy sweet summer treats yesterday with the Orange + Carrot + Rosemary Ice Pops? No, I didn’t think so. Well here is another refreshing ice pop recipe. The blueberry basil ice pops are a favorite around here. Fresh basil is amazing and it provides a delicate compliment to the sweetness of the blueberries.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, I may receive a small compensation.
Frozen organic blueberries are the trick to making these popsicles great. Fresh blueberries make quite as much juice when blended as the frozen ones do. Using an immersion blender makes cleanup that much easier, but a conventional blender will work too.
I find that you really don’t need much additional sweetener with the blueberries and basil. I add very little simple syrup, and you could get away without adding any at all. I’ve strained out the blueberry skins and itty bitty seeds before, but I don’t think it’s worth the extra work.
I still haven’t mastered getting the juice into the mold without making a mess. **sigh**
- 3 cups frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1 handful fresh basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup or other liquid sweetener
- Blend blueberries and basil together, until it is liquid.
- Add a small amount of simple syrup, if desired
- ***For the simple syrup, put 1 cup of water and 1 cup of sugar in a pot. Heat until sugar dissolves, stirring constantly. Store in a mason jar in the fridge.***
- Freeze 6-8 hours or overnight in popsicle molds
Just be prepared for your lips and tongue to be purple, but it will make your teeth look whiter and your eyes brighter!