This treat satisfies the craving for chocolate and peanut butter and doesn’t require any baking. You’re going to love these Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars!
I honestly dislike having to use the oven in the summertime. Here in the desert we have the air conditioner running 24/7 and I feel like turning the oven on is throwing money out the window. Of course the oven has to be used sometimes, but if I can cut down the use as much as possible I will. That’s how these no-bake bars came into our lives. The Mr. craves chocolate like crazy at night I used to think it was weird, but now I just accept it. Rather than make ranger cookies and brownies every week, I searched high and low for a good no-bake recipe that he would eat. I found a couple that I combined to come up with these Oatmeal Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars. It was perfect because we had everything on hand and it didn’t require an over. Plus these babies can be whipped up in less than 30 minutes. Just be careful, these bars are addictive, but they are rich.
Related : Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 4 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup butter
- ¾ packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup peanut butter
- Grease a 9x9 inch or similar size pan.
- Melt butter with brown sugar and vanilla in a large sauce pan. Once the butter is melted, add the oats. Stir to coat and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
- In a smaller sauce pan or in a microwave, melt chocolate and peanut butter together over low heat. Remove from heat once melted.
- With half of the oat mixture, spread across the bottom of the greased pan and press it together with a spatula. Pour the chocolate/peanut butter mixture on top of the oats, spreading evenly. Place the rest of the oats on top. If there is any chocolate/peanut butter left, I like to drizzle it across the top.
- Place in the fridge to harden for 2 hours, or stick it in the freezer for 30 minutes if you're impatient!
Do you love the combination of chocolate, peanut butter and oats! This is a perfect recipe for holiday gift giving treats!