This is the first time in many years that I am relieved that Christmas is over. Usually I am gung ho, all Christmas, all the time. But this year is different. I’m sure it has a lot to do with being very pregnant and uncomfortable. The usual Christmas decor felt like clutter this year and I am in a hurry to get it all packed up before this little girl arrives. Well, I had a little quiet time to myself today, and I thought it would be fun to do something for myself. Of course that involves a craft!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS, MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON A LINK AND BUY SOMETHING I MAY RECEIVE A SMALL PERCENTAGE OF THE SALE AT NO COST TO YOU.
My friends at Spellbinders sent me this beautiful Phone Case Paper Kit for iPhone 6 and I’ve been trying to find the time to make it. Today was finally the day! I pulled out my Spellbinders Platinum machine and got to work. The kit came with dies, a clear phone case and a variety of coordinating cardstock colors. It was really difficult to choose which colors to use, but I finally decided to go with white, navy and mint. The flower dies remind me of either cherry blossoms or maybe hibiscus? I guess it depends on how you use the flower…
You can use any die cut machine, but I’m in love with the Platinum and the smaller Platinum 6 machine because they are so versatile.
All you need to do to make the die cuts is make a sandwich with your paper and dies and cutting plates and roll it through the machine. Repeat until you have all the die cuts needed. You can see that my cutting plate is getting well used. I love this thing!
The die cuts came out of the dies easily with the help of the Tool n’ One. I just needed to use the pokey end to gently pop the paper out of the die with no damage to the paper at all. I used an acid free glue stick to layer and stick the flowers together. One of my pet peeves is messy gluing. It seriously drives me nuts. It’s along the lines of people chewing loudly. Ugh. So anyhow, be careful with the glue.
Trimming the background paper to fit the phone case was easy. The scariest part of this project was cutting the hole for the phone’s camera lens in the paper. I’ve always wanted to take a knife skills class, but I think that I could use a craft knife skills class as well. It turned out nicely though. Glue the flowers to the background paper and trim the edges to fit the phone case. It really is adorable!