Need a healthy yet tasty weeknight meal? Try this quinoa veggie feta protein bowl! It’s filling, healthy, quick to make and is so good you’ll be craving it!
Now that we are deep into fall things are about to get busy. Not that they haven’t been busy already, but the hustle and bustle of the holiday are just about to hit and you are going to need your energy. Well, I know I am going to need my energy. I’m also going to need quick and healthy dinners to make for my family and myself.
Related: Try this Quinoa Asparagus Salad with Lemon Pesto Drizzle
This quinoa veggie feta protein bowl is great because I can have it on the table in 20 minutes as long as I have the meat prepared ahead of time. I like to have chicken baked and shredded and ready to go each week…more about that here. If you are really organized and have your food prepped, you could have the quinoa precooked and the veggies cut ahead of time. I love to use bell peppers and zucchini, but truthfully any vegetable will work. Broccoli and cauliflower? Heck yeah!
Quinoa Veggie Feta Protein Bowl
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water or chicken broth
- 2 bell peppers, sliced and diced
- 2 zucchini, sliced and diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cups chicken breast, cooked and shredded
- 1/2 crumbled feta
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Prepare quinoa using water or chicken broth according to package directions.
- Heat up diced onion and garlic in olive oil over medium heat in a large pan.
- Once onions appear clear, add vegetables and sauté until cooked.
- Add chicken to heat up.
- Remove from heat and stir in feta so it gets melty.
- Serve chicken and vegetables over quinoa with freshly ground pepper.
This is one of my favorite weeknight meals right now! How would you make it?
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner Party!
Carrie @ Carrie's Home Cooking
This looks delicious! We just started the Whisk It Wednesday link party and I thought you might be interested in sharing there too! Thanks, Carrie
Life Diet Health
I love your photos Jessa – I’d keep the peppers and courgettes in the bowl and switch the chicken and feta for something like marinated tofu or barbecued jackfruit I think! 🙂 Thanks for sharing at Fiesta Friday – I can see your general link up but not a co-host link? This week its Trupti @ http:myculinarysaga.com and Laurena @ http:www.lifediethealth.wordpress.com Many Thanks