This is a partnered post with Parmigiano Reggiano. All thoughts and opinions expressed are my own.
A savory pumpkin rosemary cream pasta recipe featuring authentic Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.
This casarecce pasta is one of my favorites to use with any type of cheesy cream sauce, since it does a great job of holding the sauce. It’s important to mix the cream and the pumpkin together throughly before adding them to the heat, so you don’t get lumps of pumpkin.
Fast fact: Did you know that parmesan cheese is naturally lactose-free due to the long aging process? Read more on that here.
- 8 ounces pasta, cooked al dente, set aside
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 white onion, chopped
- 5 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, chopped
- 15 oz can of pumpkin purée
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 and 1/2 cups Parmesan Reggiano, freshly shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare the pasta to al dente. Drain water and set aside.
- Over medium-low heat, in a large pan, sauté onions and garlic with butter, until onions and garlic appear clear, about 3-5 minutes. Add in the chopped rosemary.
- In a separate bowl, stir together cream and pumpin purée, then add to the pan with the onion and garlic. Let heat on medium low, stirring to ensure the cream doesn't burn
- Once heated, stir in shredded Parmesan, and add pepper.
- Add in cooked pasta, and stir until heated through.
- Serve immediately and garnish with more freshly shredded Parmesan.
PIN THIS FOR LATER
Linked to THESE fantastic parties!