It only requires three ingredients and 15 minutes to make these delicious easy caramelized pepitas!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
Being smack dab in the middle of fall, I wanted to embrace pepitas. Pepitas are shelled pumpkin seeds, if you didn’t know. I love them and they are great to throw on salads or just snack on. Today I wanted some that were a little sweet, so I decided to caramelize them. It’s so simple and was done in minutes.
I get my pepitas in the bulk section at Sprouts. They are unroasted and unsalted, but they seem to have all kinds of options.
My only warning is keep an eye on your melting sugar, because it can burn very quickly. All in all these Easy Caramelized Pepitas will be ready to eat in less than 15 minutes.
You may also love:
- Foolproof Homemade Almond Butter
- Quinoa Asparagus Salad with a Lemon Pesto Drizzle
- Beet and Spinach Salad with Red Onion Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup unsalted pepitas
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Heat oven to 350F
- Place pepitas on a baking sheet and toast for about 5 minutes, keeping an eye on them so they don't burn.
- In a pan, put butter and sugar on medium low heat, stirring frequently.
- As the sugar melts, it will start to turn brown and bubble a little. Remove from heat.
- Mix in toasted pepitas and then pour out on to a parchment or silicone mat lined baking sheet.
- Let cool and break apart.
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/16 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 81 Total Fat: 5.2g Saturated Fat: 1.5g Trans Fat: .5g Cholesterol: 3.9mg Sodium: 36.5mg Carbohydrates: 6.8g Fiber: .5g Sugar: 6.2g Protein: 2.8g