This super easy cranberry simple syrup recipe is perfect for adding flavor to your holiday cocktails and mocktails.
Are you ready for holiday cocktails and mocktails? I totally have been waiting all year to indulge. Just kidding, I’ve only been waiting all week.
I have a bunch of frozen cranberries and I was thinking of ways to use them up. It seems that there is always cranberries leftover from making homemade cranberry sauce, and I hate to waste them. This cranberry simple syrup is so easy and perfect for making some holiday drinks.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PR SAMPLES WERE PROVIDED FOR USE IN THIS POST FROM CAPE COD SELECT. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
This recipe comes together in minutes and as it is cooking the cranberry simple syrup smells so good! It’s best to use a fine mesh strainer to strain out the cranberry pulp and seeds. A coffee filter works too. I store the cranberry simple syrup in a mason jar (or one of these fun bottles) in the fridge. I like to use it within a day or two or the cranberry starts to gel up a bit due to the natural pectin in it.
Here are some other cranberry recipes you will love~
- Cranberry Walnut Banana Bread
- Cran Blueberry Basil Granita Sparkling Cocktail
- Cranberry Orange Shrub Cocktail from Gastronom
- Roasted Cranberry Salsa from Good Life Eats
- Cranberry Avocado Salsa via Soup Addict
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- Combine all ingredients into a pot and heat over the stove, on medium low until sugar dissolves and cranberries are soft, stirring occasionally.
- Once done cooking, let sit to cool for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh strainer to remove the cranberry pulp and seeds.
- Store in a mason jar in the fridge.
PIN THIS FOR LATER