This delicious Garlic Cheese Cauliflower Rice recipe made with Mahón-Menorca cheese from Spain is a simple low carb side dish.
With the New Year approaching, I’m ready to ditch the carbs and the sweets and get back to my low carb way of eating. One of my favorite things to eat is cauliflower rice. I have managed to cook my cauliflower rice perfectly and flavor it well enough that the kids don’t mind that it’s a vegetable. In fact, I’m not even sure they know that it’s cauliflower anymore!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
This time I made the garlic cheese cauliflower rice with Mahón-Menorca cheese from Spain. It is from the island of Menorca in Spain and the cheese is a Protected Domination of Origin Masterpiece!
I was sent three wedges of the Mahón-Menorca cheese, one soft, one semi-cured and one cured. Although each wedge was the same cheese, the different ages of them made each one have a very distinctive flavor.
The tender-soft cheese is aged 21 to 60 days and has a tangy flavor. It would be amazing with figs or honey. The semi-cured (which is aged 2 to 5 months) has an orange rind and more mild flavor. It is the cheese that I used in this cheesy cauliflower rice side dish and is delicious. The cured Mahón-Menorca has been aged over 5 months and is hard, flaky and flavorful.
Of course you can pretty much use any cheese you’d like with this recipe, but the Mahón-Menorca cheese is very special.
Other recipes you will love:
- Creamy Asparagus Cauliflower Rice
- Ground Beef and Veggie Egg Bake
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Mash
- Ham, Cheese and Asparagus Cauliflower Crust Quiche
- 1 medium head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 2 cups Mahón-Menorca semi-cured cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons green onion, chopped
- Using a grater or a food processor, grate the cauliflower, until there is approximately 6 cups of cauliflower.
- In a large pan, melt butter and stir in minced garlic.
- Add riced cauliflower to the butter and heat on medium heat for 7 to 8 minutes until the cauliflower starts to appear less opaque.
- Stir in seasoned salt and cream cheese until it melts.
- Stir in shredded Mahón-Menorca cheese and let it melt.
- Sprinkle with black pepper and green onions
- Serve immediately.
Serving Size:1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 8g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 43mg Sodium: 335mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 9g
PIN THIS FOR LATER