This lemon, parsley and tomato salad has a hint of fresh mint and and some quinoa fusilli mixed in. It is so refreshing and green and a it’s a perfect way to kick off the new year!
Now that the holidays are over, I am so happy to be focusing on healthy eating. I mean, I love all the treats we’ve had over the past month, but I just want a good salad. Everyday. Having noodles on a green salad may seem a little strange to you. I remember the first time I had a salad with noodles was when I lived in San Francisco 15 years ago. It was a blue cheese dinner salad and it had cold noodles in it! It made the salad feel more like a meal and a little more filling.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE. ADDITIONALLY, PRODUCT HAS BEEN SUPPLIED IN EXCHANGE FOR THIS POST.
These TresOmega Quinoa Fusilli Noodles are organic, gluten-free, and wheat and corn free. They taste delicious and cook just like traditional pasta. I chose to use the fusilli pasta in this salad, because it really picks up the little pieces of parsley and tomato and helps get those yummy flavors into my mouth!
This lemon, parsley and tomato salad gets so much flavor from the dressing. The dressing is where the lemon comes in, and you will need a big juicy lemon to squeeze into the oil. By making the dressing first, it will give the garlic and Italian seasoning flavors time to mix with the lemon and oil.
Here are some other salad recipes you will love!
- Smoked Turkey, Avocado and Pomegranate Salad
- Quinoa Asparagus Salad with Lemon Pesto Drizzle
- Chia and Dill Chicken Salad
- Beet and Spinach Salad with Red Onion Vinaigrette
- 2 bunches flat-leafed parsley, chopped
- 2 tablesppons fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 lb tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 4 ounces TresOmega Quinoa Fusilli Pasta
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup TresOmega Organic Coconut Oil or an extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 4 cups spring greens
- Heat water in a medium pot to boil on the stove. Add TresOmega Quinoa Fusilli Pasta and cook until al dente. Approximately 10 minutes.
- In a separate container, combine olive oil, minced garlic, Italian seasoning and lemon juice. Set aside.
- While pasta is cooking, chop parsley, mint and green onions into small pieces and mix well
- Chop tomatoes into very small pieces, discarding the liquidy seeds.
- Once pasta is finished, drain water and toss with a small amount of olive oil prevent sticking. Set aside to cool while preparing the salad.
- In a large bowl, place spring greens, cooled fusilli, and parsley tomato mixture. Drizzle the lemon olive oil mixture and toss.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 12g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 25mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 7g