Make these Mocha Chocolate Dipped Cookies for your Christmas cookie tray! They have just a hint of coffee that brings out delicious chocolate flavor!
It’s not a secret that I love coffee, and if you mix it with chocolate, I love it even more. These Mocha Chocolate Dipped Cookies have a great flavor with a yummy chocolate ganache dip on half! So irresistible!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
This recipe calls for instant coffee. I typically use Starbucks Via packets in my recipes, like my Chocolate Layer Cake. It definitely deepens the chocolate flavor.
I’ve found these cookies are best when flattened out prior to baking. I just roll the dough into little balls, then flour the bottom of a glass and flatten them out on the silpat.
Here are some other holiday cookie recipes you will love:
- Holiday Ranger Cookies
- Almond and Milk Chocolate Ganache Thumbprint Cookies
- Chewy Chocolate Toffee Oatmeal Cookies
- Peppercorn Chai Shortbread Cookies
Of course, when the cookies are done baking, let them cool then dip them into the chocolate. Sprinkle on the sprinkles, almond slivers or disco dust or nothing at all.
Mocha Chocolate Dipped Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee
- 1 teaspoon hot water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- In a bowl, cream together butter and sugars. In a cup, dissolve coffee into the hot water. Melt chocolate and let cool.
- Add coffee, salt, melted chocolate and egg and continue mixing.
- Add flour and beat until well mixed.
- Chill dough in refrigerator for an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- On a baking sheet lined with a silpat or parchment paper, roll dough in to small ping-pong sized balls. Flatten each ball with a bottom of a glass dipped in flour.
- Bake for 8 -10 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- While cookies are baking, heat chocolate chips and butter in a double boiler or in a metal bowl over boiling water or in a microwave, until melted.
- Dip half of cookie into melted chocolate. Top with sprinkles.
Welcome to Day 11 of the Fourth Annual 12 Days of Christmas Series!
We have teamed up with 50 plus bloggers to bring you a oodles of DIY Ideas and Recipes to make your holiday season merrier. There are 12 different posts in the series and we have spread them out over a four week period with three posts per week. Now is the time to subscribe!
GO HERE for the complete list of Dates and Topics plus a collection of most popular holiday ideas including ornaments, games, recipes and more from all 50 plus talented bloggers!
It’s Day 11 and we have been in the kitchen making something sweet to share!
Scroll down for even more Sweet Treats to make this holiday season!
You had me at chocolate and mocha. They look delicious.
I’m a coffee lover also and these are right up my alley. Coffee and chocolate, one of my favorite combos. I can’t wait to try them!
Coffee and chocolate? Yes, please! They look so festive too
Oooooh, yum! I love anything mocha… or chocolate dipped! So something that is both is bound to be amazing!
I have to make these! Since my kids don’t like mocha, they would be all mine!!!!!
Super Mom - No Cape!
Chocolate and coffee… such a great combination! And they look really pretty too!
Helen at the Lazy Gastronome
Just add a cup of coffee and it’s an afternoon treat! Thanks for sharing at the What’s for Dinner party – have an amazing, relaxing week!
Your Mocha Chocolate Dipped Cookies look amazing! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with us at Full Plate Thursday!
Of Goats and Greens
Definitely, I love me some coffee with my chocolate. (And the other way around… Very attractive cookies, and thank’s for sharing a few handfuls over at Fiesta Friday!
Jhuls @ The Not So Creative Cook
I love anything mocha and chocolate. I am sure these would be a hit at this week’s Fiesta Friday party! Thank you for sharing!
You had me at chocolate and coffee. These look so delish!
Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing at Home Sweet Home!