Embrace fall with these delicious and crunchy Caramelized Apple Bites. They are like mini apple pies with a crispy shell!
The littlest kiddo loves apples. She loves them so much that if we drive by a fast food restaurant, she screams for “apples in a box,” meaning that she wants the apples in the kid’s meal…not the cheap toy or the french fries!
The problem with a toddler that love apples, is that she only will eat half an apple at a time. So I’m left with an apple I don’t know what to do with. I’ve been putting them in a container in the fridge, sprinkled with a little lemon juice to prevent browning.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
The idea of these crunchy caramelized apple bites came about when I was going through my freezer. Last year I was sent a bunch of wonton, eggroll and gyoza (potsticker wrappers) for a this chocolate almond cream cheese wontons recipe.
These little bites are fun to eat and easy to make. The crunch from the wrappers is fantastic and these bites were devoured! They are quite an easy substitute for apple turnovers!
I had some Torani Caramel Sauce that I drizzled on top of the crunch caramel apple bites and it was delicious! You should try it!
Other recipes you will love:
- Caramel Apple Protein Shake
- Cranberry Walnut Banana Bread
- Homemade Pop Tarts – via Bunch of Brunch
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Chewy Toffee Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
- 2 medium apples, diced into small pieces
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons brown sugar
- 16 pot sticker wrappers
- 2 tablespoons milk or water
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- In a pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add in sugar and cinnamon and stir.
- Stir in diced apples and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove apples from heat.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- On a baking sheet covered with parchment, lay out 4 of the pot sticker wrappers. Place 1 tablespoon of the apples into each wrapper.
- Using a pastry brush or a finger, moisten sides of wrappers with milk or water and fold and press to seal. Repeat with the rest of the wrappers.
- Using the pastry brush, brush the liquid from the apples on top of the folded pot sticker wrappers.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until wrappers appear crisp.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and caramel sauce if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 135Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 166mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 1gSugar: 7gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.