These Pumpkin Liège Waffles are not your typical breakfast waffles, they are thick and flavorful, with a crunch of caramelized sugar on the outside.
Liège waffles are really different than the waffles you make on Sunday morning. Liège waffles are made with yeast and have a great texture on the inside and are crunchy on the outside due to to melted Belgian pearl sugar. They are a special treat that is often requested in my house.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I decided to make these liège waffles taste more seasonal with the addition of pumpkin purèe and pumpkin spice. Oh gosh, they are so good! I had a hard time not eating them all!
I used two mini waffle makers to make these to save time. I found this darling pumpkin waffle maker and the pumpkin liège waffles turned out really cute with the pumpkins on them! Of course the other mini waffle maker turned out cute too, just no pumpkins!
Make sure that you are really really careful when removing the waffles from the waffle maker. The melted Belgian pearl sugar is very hot. I’ve burned my fingers more than once on the hot sugar and it’s not fun.
How will you serve these pumpkin liège waffles? I love them warm and just on their own (with a cup of coffee!) but they are amazing with ice cream on top. Or maybe you want some whipped cream and chocolate spread with them? There are a ton of ways you can serve up these babies!
Here are some other pumpkin recipes you will love:
- Pumpkin Rosemary Cream Pasta
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Chia Seed Pudding via Low Carb Delish
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Protein Shake
- Ulitmate Pumpkin Bread
- In a small bowl, stir the yeast into the lukewarm milk and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl combine the flour, salt, cinnamon and pumpkin pie spice.
- Mix in softened butter until it has a grainy appearance.
- Add eggs, pumpkin purèe, vanilla and combine.
- Add in milk and yeast mixture and mix until the dough is smooth and begins to pull away from the sided of the bowl.*
- Cover the bowl and let the dough rise for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Once dough has risen, mix in Belgian pearl sugar.
- Heat waffle iron and grease if necessary.
- Take a 1/3 cup** amount of dough and place in middle of waffle iron. Let cook for approximately 3 minutes. Once waffle appears baked and the pearl sugar appears melted, remove from iron using utensils. (Be very careful, the melted sugar is extremely hot, and you don't want to burn your fingers!)
- Cool waffles on wire baking rack. Serve with whipped cream or ice cream, or just eat as is!
*I use a stand mixer with the dough hook for this, but good ole arm strength and a wooden spoon work too.
**Amount of dough to put in the waffle iron depends on the size of your waffle iron.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Simply Organic Ceylon Cinnamon, Ground
- Simply Organic Pumpkin Spice
- Dash Mini Maker: The Mini Waffle Maker Machine for Individual Waffles
- Dash Mini Waffle Maker Machine for Pumpkin Shaped Individual Waffles
- Rodelle Gourmet Extract
- Farmers Market Organic Pumpkin
- Anthony's Belgian Pearl Sugar
- Fleischmann's Active Dry Yeast
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 260 Total Fat: 11g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 73mg Carbohydrates: 37g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g