Make these gorgeous marbled snowflake ornaments using the paint pour method! It’s easy and really fun.
Snowflakes, stars and poinsettias are my favorite things to add to my holiday décor. For ornaments this year, I wanted to add some more snowflakes to my tree and really wanted to try the paint pour method to get a unique, marbled effect.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
Be sure to scroll down and check out all of the other ornament tutorials and enter to win the fantastic giveaway!
I’ll admit that I was a little apprehensive about using the paint pour method. It can be a little messy, especially if you are a messy crafter like me. And if you have a toddler, I highly suggest keeping her away while you do this. Don’t be like me!
No two snowflakes are alike, and no two paint pours are alike either. That’s what I love about this craft! DecoArt was kind enough to send me this pack of traditional holiday colored acrylic paints and this paint pour medium.
Pin This For Later
- Disposable Cups
- Stir Stick
- Paper Plates
- Wax Paper
- Using a disposable cup for each color, put an equal amount of each acrylic color into a disposable cup.
- Add an equal amount of DecoArt Paint Pouring Medium to each cup and stir with stir stick.
- Slowly pour all the colors into one cup.
- Lay snowflake ornament on a paper plate and start pouring paint medium over the ornament. Use the stir stick to carefully spread the paint to any areas that didn't get poured on.
- Carefully pick up ornament and tilt to get off excess paint.
- Allow to dry flat on waxed paper, for approximately 12 hours.
- Take the blunt end of a skewer or a small paint brush and dip into the Galaxy Glitter paint. Put dots of glitter on the points of the snowflakes and let dry.
- Hang on your tree and enjoy!
Directions for mixing the paint pouring medium are based on the use of acrylic paints. If you are using a different paint, be sure to read the directions on the back of the Paint Pouring Medium bottle.
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!. Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Terms & Conditionsa Rafflecopter giveaway