These homemade eggnog cinnamon rolls with eggnog cream cheese frosting are perfect for the holidays! Soft and gooey, these cinnamon rolls are always a hit!
Ready to make something really sweet and Christmassy! These eggnog cinnamon rolls with eggnog cream cheese frosting are gooey and amazing. Since it’s right after Thanksgiving, and I stuffed myself earlier, I wasn’t going to eat one. But they are really really hard to resist.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
Dixie Crystals was so kind and sent a huge box of sugar to bake with. You should check out their website, they have a ton of delicious looking recipes!
Cinnamon rolls are super easy to make. You can use a metal baking dish, or a round one like the one that I used.
Pin This For Later
Eggnog Cinnamon Rolls
For the Dough
- 2 and 1/2 teaspoons yeast
- 1 cup eggnog warm
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups of flour (plus an extra half cup if the dough is too thin)
For the Cinnamon Filling
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 2 1/2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
For the Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- Warm the eggnog, over low heat until still warm to touch. Dissolve yeast in the warm eggnog.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, butter, salt, and eggs with the yeast/eggnog mixture.
- Gradually add flour. Once dough starts to pull away from the edges of the bowl, knead with your hands or in a stand mixer with the dough hook for five minutes until dough forms a large ball.
- Cover dough with a towel and set in a warm place for 45 minutes to an hour, until dough has doubled in size.
- Once dough has doubled in size, preheat oven to 400F.
- Lay out a large piece of parchment paper and lightly flour it.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 16 x 22 inches in size and about 1/4 of an inch thick.
- Using a pastry brush, brush melted butter on the rolled out dough.
- Mix brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg together and sprinkle on buttered dough.
- Pick up the long edge of the parchment and use it to help roll the dough into a long tube.
- Using a sharp knife or dental floss, cut the dough into approximately 16 1 inch rolls.
- Place rolls into greased baking dish.
- Bake at 400F for 15 -16 minutes, until tops of cinnamon rolls appear golden.
- Once baked, remove from heat and let cool.
- For the frosting, mix cream cheese, butter, eggnog and powdered sugar together until well combined.
- Spread frosting on warm eggnog cinnamon rolls.
Serving Size:1 roll
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 227mgCarbohydrates: 59gNet Carbohydrates: 0gFiber: 2gSugar: 33gSugar Alcohols: 0gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers!Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Terms & Conditionsa Rafflecopter giveaway
You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!Click here to enter
Oh my, we are hosting a Christmas Brunch this weekend and these would be perfect to serve. Thank you for the recipe! Pinned
Yum! This would be perfect for Christmas breakfast! Pinned!
These look wonderful, and will be perfect for Christmas morning for me and the hubs.
Oh MY YUM! These sound scrumptious! This recipe is sure to please for any occasion during the holidays!