Treat your sweeties with these easy to make cake batter flavored baked donuts! This recipe is a fun twist on homemade baked donuts.
Some people stress eat, I stress bake. Well to be honest, I stress make. I find doing something creative during stressful times really helps clear my mind and relax my soul. Right now my kitchen table is littered with brush pens, paper and watercolors. Could be worse things I suppose.
The kids asked for donuts this morning. They deserve donuts. They are stuck at home, adapting to doing school online, can’t see their friends and are stuck with yours truly…all.the.time. Unfortunately, our local donut places have limited hours right now. So I had to get creative.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
I decided that I prefer homemade baked donuts to the ones from the store for a couple of reasons. These ones aren’t deep fried, so they are better for you. Not saying the baked ones are healthy, but they are better for you than the greasy ones from the shop. Also, these ones don’t leave you with a achy stomach like the fried ones.
Donut Baking Supplies
There’s a couple of special items you will need for this cake batter flavored baked donuts recipe. One is some donut pans. If you don’t have any you might be able to use cupcake pans and adjust your cooking time…but those are cupcakes, not donuts. There are so many options for donut pans! There are the boring metal ones like I have. Then there are brightly colored silicone ones and there are ones that give you fun shaped donuts!
Sprinkles on donuts are important. Okay, maybe not to you, but they are to me. Unfortunately, we are on a very limited supply of sprinkles right now, and I can’t just run to the store to get some. All I have in the cupboard is some red sugar crystals, meh.
I have a favorite brand of sprinkles, is that weird? Probably. So I’m placing an order, and I’m going to hide them, just like I hide the fruit snacks, candy and bars from my kids. The only thing I don’t hide is ice cream, for obvious reasons. We have some major sweet tooths (teeth?) in this house, who will stop at nothing for their fix!
Other recipes you will love:
- Sour Cream Baked Doughnuts with Vanilla Glaze
- Chocolate Sour Cream Quick Bread
- Banana Walnut Brownies
- Chocolate Buttermilk Layer Cake
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup refined coconut oil, melted (or vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon Cake Batter Flavor
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 2/3 cups flour
- 1 cup milk
For the icing
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon corn syrup
- 1 - 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon cake batter flavor or vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 425F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, refined coconut oil, and sugars.
- Add in cake batter flavor, vanilla extract and eggs until well combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients until mixed.
- Slowly drizzle in milk while stirring batter.
- In greased donut pans, add batter, filling each cup 3/4 of the way full.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool in donut pans.
- While donuts cool, add the ingredients for the icing into a bowl. Mix well. Add more milk if too thick.
- Glaze cooled donuts and top with sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 donut
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 46mgSodium: 244mgCarbohydrates: 54gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 5g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.