Protect your table with these fun ceramic coasters decorated with summer themed adhesive vinyl designs!
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE. ADDITIONALLY, PRODUCT WAS PROVIDED IN ORDER TO CREATE THIS POST. ALL OPINIONS ARE MY OWN.
This summer is a little tougher than summers past because we don’t have any big plans to escape the Arizona heat. Although this is frustrating for the whole family, we are trying to make the best of the time at home. One of the things we decided to do is to make some decor that brings the summer inside.
These coasters are a fun way to bring the summer in. Using the opal adhesive vinyl from StyleTech Craft was a no brainer, because it screams summer. Especially the blue, which is reminiscent of the ocean or even a pool.
Can’t decide which opal adhesive color to get…order a sample pack and use them all!
The opal adhesive is also great because it really adds dimension to the design. Sure you can go all wild and crazy and do a whole coaster in the opal adhesive, but I like using just a bit as a statement!
Check out some of my other vinyl crafts:
- DIY Floral Champagne Flutes
- Little Kid’s Grocery Shop Makeover
- Damask Vinyl Halloween Banner
- Blue Pineapple Painted Serving Tray
Summer Fun DIY Coasters
- White Opal Adhesive Vinyl
- Blue Opal Adhesive Vinyl
- Amber Opal Adhesive Vinyl
- Red Gloss Craft Adhesive Vinyl
- Yellow Gloss Craft Adhesive Vinyl
- Orange Gloss Craft Adhesive Vinyl
- Blue Metallic Adhesive Vinyl
- Ceramic Coasters
- Silhouette Cameo 4
- Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge
- Foam Brush
- Clear Grid Transfer Tape
- Brush a coat of Dishwasher Safe Mod Podge or other sealant on to ceramic coasters with foam brush. Let dry.
- Pick out your designs. I used designs found in the Silhouette Design Store.
- Adjust the designs in the craft cutter software to fit the 4 inch diameter of the coasters.
- Cut the designs out of the adhesive vinyl.
- Use the gridded transfer tape to layer the colors to create the whole design.
- Adhere adhesive vinyl to dry coasters. Rub all over to adhere and remove transfer tape.
- Adhere cork backing to bottom of coasters.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Be sure to check out the other fun projects from my friends on the StyleTech Craft Design Team.
- Flamingo Mandala
- How to Use Multiple Colors of Vinyl
- The Pool Is Calling Drink Holder
- Layered Vinyl Summer Serving Tray
- Vinyl on Painted Rocks
- DIY “Beach Is My Happy Place” Vinyl Wood Sign
- DIY Glitter Fairy Jar With Opal Vinyl Decals
This is a wonderful project! The mix of colors and vinyls really makes it fun!