Use rubber stamps, embossing powder and a fabric appliqué to create this gorgeous pumpkin stamped wooden sign perfect for fall decor.
It’s finally September and that means cooler temperatures are around the corner. I saw that the pumpkin flavored coffees are already in the the coffee shops. Have you gotten one yet? I allow myself one each season, and it’s way too early for me to have it. Maybe in October, if we get a cool day!
I’ve started on the fall decor, both creating new pieces and putting up ones from the past few years.
THIS POST CONTAINS AFFILIATE LINKS MEANING IF YOU CLICK ON ONE AND MAKE A PURCHASE, THIS BLOG MAY RECEIVE COMPENSATION, AT NO ADDITIONAL COST TO YOU. PLEASE SEE THE POLICY PAGE FOR FULL DISCLOSURE.
The only thing missing from the supplies list above is the fabric FALL iron-on appliques from Create It. It is available at Walmart in their sewing section.
So these stamps and the Flurries embossing powder might look familiar, since I used them last week to decorate my planner page for September. The Flurries embossing powder speckled with white and gold and even a little glitter. It’s very subtle and almost elegant. I love how it looks with the large leaf stamps.
This pumpkin stamped wooden sign really didn’t take much time at all once the pumpkin has been painted and is dry. The unfinished wood pumpkin might need some light sanding around the edges, mine wasn’t too bad and I was able to scrape off some unevenness with my finger nail.
TIPS BEFORE YOU START
When stamping and embossing on the wooden pumpkin, I have three recommendations. First, use an acrylic stamping block if you have one, it just makes the placement of the leaves so much easier. Second, start at the base of the pumpkin (if you are using the same pumpkin with the stand attached) and work your way up. The last suggestion is stamp and emboss one leaf and then move on to the next. I love the how the leaves are stamped so they go off the edges of the pumpkin!
Embossing on wood is really easy, but here is some more info if you need it.
Pumpkin Love Stamped Wooden Sign
- Unfinished Wood Pumpkin
- Decoart Americana White Paint
- Decoart Americana MultiSurface Pain in Champagne
- Foam Paint Brush
- Jumbo Leaf Stamps
- Embossing Ink
- Embossing Powder in Flurries
- Heat Tool
- Iron On Fabric Appliqué
- Iron or Mini Press
- Paint the body of the pumpkin white, using the foam brush.
- Carefully paint the edges of the pumpkin, the base and the leaf champagne.
- Once the paint is dry, use the embossing ink to stamp a jumbo leaf onto the pumpkin, starting at the base of the pumpkin.
- Pour embossing powder on to the stamped area and tap off the excess.
- Use the heat tool to melt the embossing powder onto the pumpkin.
- Repeat with the rest of the pumpkin, stamping and embossing each leaf individually.
- Once done with the stamping and embossing, position the iron-on fabric appliqué where you want it.
- Cover with a thin cloth or teflon sheet and press on the appliqué with a hot mini press or iron.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Leave a Reply