Ready for brunch? Make this Three Cheese and Ham Quiche or mini-quiches in a jiffy!
Entertaining season is around the corner and I love a good brunch with friends. I made this quiche and mini-quiches using an amazing frozen pie dough, which made the quiche preparation super easy and the pie dough tastes homemade.
This post is sponsored by Wick’s Pies. This blog has received product in return for this recipe. All opinions are that of Sparkle Living Blog.
I didn’t think I would appreciate Wick’s Pies frozen pie dough as much as I do. The ingredients are all the same ingredients that I would use at home, so the dough tastes homemade, without the work of making the crust from scratch. The frozen dough arrived in rolled out, 9 inch rounds. It thawed very quickly and it can be used as is, or gently rolled out for a thinner pie crust
#WicksPies, #TrustTheCrust and #InCrustWeTrust
For the three cheese and ham quiche, I rolled out the round of dough about an inch from each side, so that the edges would go the the side of my 9 inch pie pan.
For the egg mixture, I found it easiest to blend the eggs, cream and seasonings in a blender and then pour it in over the ham, cheese, onions, and fresh dill and pie dough.
The best part of this quiche is deciding what type of cheeses to use. I used aged white cheddar, mild cheddar and gruyere. Of course changing the cheeses will completely alter the recipe. Want some heat? Add pepperjack. Leaning towards Italian? Use some Parmesan, Mozzarella and Asiago. There are so many delicious possibilities.
The fun part of making a quiche like this is creating the floral decoration with red onions and fresh dill. Just gently place the onions and dill on top of the unbaked quiche. It will sit on top of the egg mixture and look really cute once baked.
Making mini-quiches is just as fun. The ingredients are the same, just the pie dough preparation is a little different. Using a 3 inch biscuit cutter, cut out 12 pieces out of three 9 inch Wick’s frozen pie dough rounds. I do this while the dough is still slightly frozen, so that it’s easy to handle.
Gently roll out the cut out pie dough, so that they are thinner and fit in the muffin tin.
Fill the muffin cups with the same quiche ingredients and bake. Easy peasy. These mini-quiches are great for lunches or reheated for breakfast.
- 1 - 9 inch Wick's Frozen Pie Crust
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon of a dried herb seasoning including chive, basil, dill, chervil, shallots (I use Sunny Paris seasoning)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup ham, diced
- 1/3 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 ounces aged white cheddar, shredded
- 2 ounces gruyere cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Thaw frozen Wick's pie crust and roll with a rolling pin until it is approximately 11 inches in diameter.
- Gently put the dough into a pie pan. Place the pie dough in the freezer while preparing the other ingredients.
- In a blender add eggs, cream, seasoning, salt and pepper and then blend for 30 seconds.
- Add cheeses, onions, ham and dill into the pie crust and pour the egg mixture on top. Gently stir the ingredients with a fork.
- Add the red onion and dill garnish on top of the egg mixture, if desired.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, on the bottom rack, until quiche is no longer liquid in the middle. The quiche will look puffy, but will settle as it cools.
For the mini quiches, use three 9 inch, Wick's frozen pie dough rounds, and cut out circles with a 3-inch biscuit cutter. Roll the cut-out dough thinner, until approximately 4 to 5 inches in diameter. Gently place dough circles in to muffin tin. Add other ingredients and egg mixture. Bake at 375F for 30 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 338Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 235mgSodium: 582mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 17g
Nutritional information provided for recipes is a courtesy to my readers. I do my best to be as accurate as possible, but you should do your own nutrition information calculations. I expressly disclaim any and all liability of any kind with respect to any act or omission wholly or in part in reliance on anything contained in this website.