Yesterday on DIY Life there was an article discussing unusual uses for vodka. One reader wrote in that when her puppy had drank some antifreeze the vet told her to immediately give him some vodka. She did and the puppy survived. Being that Old Man Winter is on it’s way, and antifreeze use will increase, I thought this would be useful advice if it’s true. After a quick Google search I found that this is true to a point. There are articles here and here. Alcohol prevents the antifreeze from being metabolized into a toxin in the body. Forcing vodka down your dog’s throat isn’t the gold standard of treatment, but it might help in a pinch. If you suspect your pooch drank antifreeze, call your veterinarian immediately. Go here, for a list of signs and symptoms of antifreeze poisoning.