Garlic and Thyme Roasted Baby Purple Potatoes are a flavorful, late autumn side dish. Roasted and then broiled in the oven, these potatoes have a slight crunch on the outside and perfect on the inside.
It’s not too often that we have potatoes. Not that I don’t like them, because honestly, I love them. But I try really hard to eat low carb (check out my low carb recipe blog here!), even though the rest of the family just eats. When I came across this cute pack of baby purple potatoes from Melissa’s Produce the other day at the market, I knew I had to get them. Look at how pretty they are! I’m a sucker for pretty colored produce.
The package is great because it’s only 1.5 pounds, which is a perfect amount for a side dish. I’ve used Melissa’s Produce items before, and I love them because they always have the highest quality and most unique produce. (This post is not sponsored by Melissa’s, I just love them.)
I seasoned this cast iron pan this morning. It belonged to my grandparents and I haven’t used it at all in the few years that I’ve had it. I’ve been scared of cast iron. How weird it that? It’s the care and maintenance that I’m unsure of. Thank goodness for the internet. So I’m going to start using cast iron a lot.
Related: Try this Beet and Spinach Salad with Red Onion Vinaigrette…It’s delicious!
The fresh thyme is from the Scottsdale Old Town Farmer’s Market. Mmmm, I love going there. It was super busy this weekend since it was the last Saturday before Thanksgiving. I’ll fight the crowds for amazing produce and eggs any day.
Check out these other awesome recipes:
- Roasted Garlic, Herb and Parmesan Mashed Potatoes
- Pumpkin Rosemary Cream Pasta with Parmasiano Regiano
- Brussels Sprouts au Gratin with Bacon via Low Carb Delish
- Baked Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Mash via Low Carb Delish
These roasted baby purple potatoes come together quickly. The oven does all the hard work.
- 1.5 pounds of baby purple potatoes
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt to taste.
- Preheat oven to 450F degrees.
- Rinse potatoes and cut into bite size pieces.
- Toss with thyme, minced garlic and olive oil. Sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Place in oven proof cast iron pan or on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Then broil for five minutes to crisp the tops.