This creamy and flavorful Instant Pot bacon mac and cheese recipe is a go-to recipe for potlucks since is so good and so easy to make!
This bacon mac and cheese comes together very quickly in the Instant Pot. The bacon cooks in the oven while the macaroni cooks in the pressure cooker. This great dish is ready in a jif and perfect for a potluck!
The fun part of this bacon mac and cheese is the crispy onions on top. In the past I would toast panko bread crumbs, which is still delicious, but the crispy onions are easy and add so much flavor to the dish. You might even need to put a bowl of crispy onions next to the mac and cheese, because people always want to add a couple more!
Click here to learn my favorite way to prepare bacon!
Pin This For Later
- 16 ounces elbow noodles
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup gruyere cheese, shredded
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup crispy onions for topping (optional)
- Add noodles, chicken broth, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and butter to Instant Pot bowl.
- Set to manual HIGH for 5 minutes (ensuring the steam vent is closed.)
- While pasta is cooking. Prepare the four strips of bacon, chop and set aside.
- Grate cheddar and gruyere cheeses.
- Once pasta has cooked, quick release steam vent.
- While pasta is still very hot, stir in cream cheese. Add shredded cheese 1/2 cup at a time, stirring until melted. Stir in chopped bacon.
- Serve hot with crispy fried onions on top.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 278 Total Fat: 18g Saturated Fat: 9g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 48mg Sodium: 661mg Carbohydrates: 17g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 12g
Welcome to the 5th annual 12 Days of Holiday Ideas event, hosted by Shirley of Intelligent Domestications and Erlene of My Pinterventures Between Nov. 11th and December 6th there will be hundreds of new ideas shared by over 55 Co-host bloggers! Download this years November and December calendars with all of the topics and dates so you can make plans to watch for ideas!
We are hosting a BIG GIVEAWAY from our Sponsors this year! Be sure to scroll all the way down for more information and to enter to win!
MEET OUR SPONSORS who have generously donated fabulous prizes for the Big Christmas Giveaway!
DecoArt winner will receive a prize package valued at $100!
Dixie Crystals/Imperial Sugar winner will receive a Keurig Coffee Maker valued at $100!
Oriental Trading winner will receive an OrientalTrading.com gift card valued at $200!
Cabot Cheese winner will receive a gift basket of Cabot products valued at $75!
Burlap Fabric winner will receive a prize pack of products valued at $50!
Zulay Kitchens winner will receive one Milk Frother and a Lemon Squeezer valued at $21
It’s Home To You winner will receive one wooden Santa sign valued at $65
Giveaway begins Nov. 8, 2019 and ends Dec. 6, 2019. Winners will be notified by December 13, 2019. Sponsors will ship each prize to the winner. There will be a total of six winners, one for each prize. Drawing is by random selection using the Rafflecopter widget.
Must be 18 to win. Open to U.S. residents only. Terms & Conditionsa Rafflecopter giveaway