Hey there! Have you started your Christmas shopping yet or are you waiting for Black Friday? Usually I’m a last minute Christmas shopper. In the past I have spent upwards of $80 shipping Christmas gifts last minute. What a waste! So this year I started early.
I have never gone out shopping on Black Friday. Word is that the deals are amazing, but the crowds are horrendous and it’s quite the battle for the best deals. Word is that you have to be pretty organized and study your ads to know when and where the best deals are. Well, I think I found a Black Friday helper…
Have you heard of the app for your phone called Shopular? It’s really awesome. Basically Shopular is an app that is like the Sunday paper in your phone. It has listings for the sales and discounts for all your favorite stores and you can organize these listings according to your favorite stores or by the malls that you shop at. Shopular is perfect for Black Friday, if you’re one of those who brave the crowd.
Shopular also allows you to access store coupons. I dread getting in line at Michaels and am trying to pull up a coupon from Michaels website on my phone, it takes so long. But via Shopular I was able to pull the coupon up quickly. It was a total timesaver! (Seriously folks, I’ve saved over $100 in the last two weeks I’ve had this app on my phone!)
Shopular was kind enough to send me a Black Friday Survival Kit, complete with everything I will need to survive the craziest shopping day of the year.
It was like Christmas…but before Christmas…for Christmas. Whatever, it was a fun surprise to get in the mail! And everything inside the box is to help me survive Black Friday.
1. Foot Petals– These little babies have saved my feet one more than one occasion that required me to wear heels. The extra cushioning is going to prevent blisters and save your feet while you are dashing from store-to-store. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
2. Tote- You are going to need a foldable yet durable shopping tote to carry your goods. Shopular provided me with a great one. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
3. Crazy Rumors Lip Balm– All that running around in the cold weather is bound to chap your gorgeous lips. Don’t let that happen! This peppermint flavored lip balm is bound to keep you in the holiday spirit. Your lips will taste like a candy cane, but softer! Oh and there’s a promo code for this vegan lip balm. Type in SHOPULAR at checkout for 20% off! Oh and while you’re there, if you want to get some to put in my Christmas stocking I won’t object. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
4. QuestBar– Have you tried one of these things? They are delish. I know I plan on gorging myself with turkey and all the fixings on Thanksgiving, and I also plan on eating right immediately the next day. Don’t give in to mall food! The lines will be way too long and this 3 carb energy bar is going to give you more lasting energy than that nasty buttery pretzel will. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
5. Stress squeeze ball- Shopular provided me with a stress ball. I’ll need it, since I hate crowds. Or maybe I can just throw it at someone to distract them when they are trying to get the last $100 88-inch flat screen TV (my TV!) It’s soft, so it won’t really hurt them. (Disclaimer– Seriously, don’t throw your stress ball, or anything else, at someone. You’ll end up in the slammer, and then no good deals for you.)
6. Vermints– No stinky breath! If you’re like me, you probably started drinking coffee the night before to get read for the early morning Black Friday sales. Don’t let halitosis get in the way of your Christmas shopping. Vermints are organic, non-GMO, and really tasty. Eat them! Here’s a promo code: A07MGX0M1D6B. The code is for 25% off until December 31, 2014 (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Google Plus)
7. Simbi Haiti Hair Ties– You’re going to get to a point in the Black Friday madness that your luscious locks are going to irritate the crap out of you. This is competitive shopping friends and now it’s tie to pull your back. Let ’em know you mean business. And Simbi supports a great cause. Each hair-bracelet sold keeps Haitians employed and helps raise money to install water filtration systems throughout the country, saving lives. A portion of the proceeds is dedicated to this cause. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
8. Cosmetic Boulevard Coffee Scrub– You made it! You’re home. The gifts are stashed in your closet (like the kids don’t know to look there!) and the adrenaline high is wearing off. Oh and you stink. It’s the perfect time for a long hot bath and to rub some coffee grounds on yourself. Yep, this coffee scrub specifically formulated to actively target cellulite, stretch marks, acne and eczema with caffeine from only the best Robusta beans. Blended together with highly moisturizing, regenerating & exfoliating oils & salts. I can’t get enough coffee. (Instagram)
9. Dearfoams slippers- What can I say? I haven’t taken them off since they arrived. There was no way I could wait until Black Friday to put these babies on my tired feet. Oh and they have memory foam in them. That makes them awesome. AND the sequins make them even MORE awesome. (I like sparkles.)
So after Black Friday, sip an adult beverage, put on your Dearfoams and rest your feet on a fluffy dog. You did some major shopping, congrats! (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest)
But I won’t fault you if you still just want to take a hot bath, use that lip balm, put on those slippers and shop online. You can still use the Shopular App. You can kiss me later!
I was totally provided with free merchandise for this post, BUT all ideas and opinions are my own. And the silly little jokes, those are mine too.
For Black Friday you definitely need anything that is going to be comfortable on your feet. You probably need Pepper Spray too lol 😀
Haha love the black friday survival kit! Super fun.
Lani @ Life Anchored
Great idea!! I know these goodies will come in handy. I can’t decide if I’m brave enough to venture out there yet.
Megan @ All That Glitters
This is awesome! I’ll have to look in to it!
I could so use one of those!
That is a great kit but I have no desire to Black Friday shopping this year.
Love how comfy those slippers look and love the colour too, been hearing a lot about shopular app and am yet to download
These kits look so cool!
That sounds like such a useful app! I can imagine it gets pretty mad at that time of year! Love the survival kit!
I have been seeing this survival kit all over, and now, I really want one!! <3
The shoes looks so comfy and is just perfect for the anticipated shopping spree!
i do not understand black friday shoppers…they be CRAY!! lol
Seriously! I haven’t done it and I think I’ll be shopping on the computer if anything.
the survival kit is a really clever idea! I could use one for the start of school too! Lol
You are so right about being in line hoping the coupon will pull up in time! Happens all the time. I will have to try this app out since you say it works so fast! Thanks for the new app to try out. 🙂
Shopular! I have never heard of them, but I am so glad that I do now. i will be downloading this app to my phone! It does become time consuming to have to look up coupons from different websites. I love that with this app you don’t have to do it! I don’t usually go black friday shopping but my sister in law is coming up from NC and we are going to brave the crowds together! Happy thanksgiving!
Ooo I need those slippers 🙂 I can’t wait for Black Friday!
Thanks for the app tip called Shopular. It sounds very helpful. Who doesn’t love a bargain?!!
These kits are so cute, but all I need to survive is a Starbucks White Chocolate Peppermint Mocha! 🙂
What a great little gift box from Shopular! I LOVE Foot Petals (I have the full-foot cushion version; they’re awesome for dress shoes); such a fitting addition. Great way to kick off the holiday shopping season. 😀
Awesome! Love the slippers!!
I am definitely a Black Friday shopper and have been doing it without incident. Never heard of Shopular but as I type this, I am downloading it. Thank you so very much for the introduction.
Camesha | Mama Motivator
I’d never heard of this app. Very cool!