This spicy asparagus with bacon is a quick side dish that is full of flavor. It’s a perfect accompaniment to a steak, especially for a keto diet.
Yeah, I feel like I have been writing about asparagus a lot. It’s good, really good. And it’s good for you. I have been buying bunches and bunches of it and trying a lot of new recipes. This is one is a new favorite for me. It’s a little spicy, which I love and it has the juicy bits of bacon, which is delicious. It’s low in carbs and would make a perfect side dish to a steak!
This asparagus dish tastes great after just being cooked or as an asparagus salad after being chilled in the fridge. So versatile! I like to cook the bacon ahead of time on a baking sheet covered with aluminum foil in the oven at 400F for approximately. The foil really helps with cleaning up the mess and I don’t have to keep too close of an eye on the bacon like I would if it was cooking on the stove.
So do you want the quick and dirty of this delicious side dish? Really all you need is some olive oil, a clove of garlic, chili powder, asparagus and crispy bacon. In a large pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil and soften the garlic. Add the chili powder. Sauté the asparagus, approximately 4 minutes, add in the crispy bacon for another minute. Done. Seriously, it’s wrong that something this delicious is so stinking easy.
- 1 bunch of asparagus, woody ends trimmed and cut into bite size pieces
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Heat olive oil and minced garlic in a pan over medium heat. Add chili powder.
- Once garlic appears softened, add in the trimmed asparagus.
- Cook for approximately 4 minutes, until asparagus is tender, but not mushy.
- Stir in the bacon pieces.
- Serve heated or chill and serve cold!
Linked to these awesome parties!