Turn a boring old canning jar into a fun layered heart vase, perfect for your favorite Galentine or your Valentine!
I just love the concept of Galentine’s Day! I mean Valentine’s is great and all, but I want to shower my gal friends with candy and flowers just because they are awesome. Little gifts of platonic love can really brighten a friend’s day, and I know we could all use a little day brightening lately!
This sweet little canning jar layered hearts vase is perfect for gifting some flowers. It’s super affordable and handmade with love. Just add flowers and water. You can use whatever colors of adhesive vinyl you’d like, but I love the look of the metallic ones, mixed with some glitter vinyl, and some of the polished metal vinyl too!
As part of the StyleTech Craft 2021 -2023 design team, this post has been sponsored by Styletech Craft. Compensation and oduct have been provided to me for the purpose of this post. This post also contains affiliate links, meaning that I might receive a small commission if you click on a link and purchase, at no cost to you. All ideas and opinions are all my own.
Personalized Travel Kit Supplies
- Using a quart size canning jar, paint it with the heavy gesso. You can also use chalk paint, glass paint or whatever you have. I used a big brush with light strokes so that I could see the bristle marks. Set the jar aside to dry.
- Pick out your heart cut file and size it to about 3 or 4 inches in your cutting machine software. Use the outline tool to add and outline. My Silhouette software defaults to a 12.5 outline. Make a few hearts with larger outlines, and a few with smaller outlines, so that all the hearts are slightly different.
- Layer the heart cut outs on the jar, each slightly off-center from the others. You can use the transfer tape to help. Do the dotted heart last, using the transfer tape.
- Cut out your words, at about 1.5 inches in width. Use the transfer tape to center and adhere them.
- Tie some cute ribbon around the rim of your vase and add flowers to your layered hearts vase!